Friday, October 31, 2008

It Almost Midnight

Got nothing to do but wait for midnight. Can't sleep 'cause I slept earlier. In some other places, people are celebration Halloween but here in my town it's almost unheard off. People are usually preparing most of of the day to visit their dearly departed family. Some might be there already in the cemetery spending the night. It's some sort of gathering of the family to commemorate and celebrate the life of the deceased. Tomorrow, I think I will visit my grandma's tomb together with my family.

It's ironic that in some parts of the world, people are treating this day as a celebration or party of some sorts but here in my country, it's more of a solemn day as we prepare for the All Saint's and All Soul's Day.

We are honoring the dead while other dress as dead/scary individuals scare around. We really have diverse cultures.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online