Sunday, December 7, 2008

Crying / Llorando

I first encountered this song when I saw the movie "Mulholland Drive" by David Lynch. Such a wonderfully crafted and one of the most difficult movie to understand. In one scene, the two principal actresses viewed a sort of performance in a near empty theater. The singer Rebekah del Rio came and sang "Llorando", the most heartbreaking song that I've ever heard in a movie. But the the catch is I don't understand the song because it was in spanish.

Upon research, I discovered that the song Lorando was the spanish version of the original song "Crying" by Roy Orbison. Upon hearing the song "Crying", I have concluded that this one of the few occassions in which the original song is faithfully rendered in another language with all the emotions intact. Most translated songs just change the lyrics into their another, oftentimes losing its edge.

Just hear the two versions and judge for yourself.


Ray Orbison - Crying



Rebekah Del Río - Lloradano

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online