Friday, January 9, 2009

The Comedy of George Carlin

I've always been a fan of American stand-up comedy for a long time. Part of my collection are the comedy of Chris Rock, Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy and the cast "Original Kings of Comedy" featuring Steve Harvey, D.L. Hughley, Cedric the Entertainer and Bernie Mac. Also, I'm a fan of both Letterman & Leno, Colbert & Stewart.

In the past month, I've been constantly watching the comedy of George Carlin especially his HBO Specials. First encountered his name when I watched the comedy documentary "The Aristocrats". Upon some research, he was considered as one of the trinity of comedy together with Lenny Bruce and Richard Pryor. When I first saw one of his HBO specials, I readily noticed that he used observational comedy. However, the difference between him and other observational comedians is that his comedy is intelligent. You can see that he carefully researched his materials and his presentation is impeccable. Although he has passed away recently, his contribution to comedy is undeniable and unforgettable.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online