Saturday, February 21, 2009

What Defines a Boring Life?

Just this week, I have been asked by a couple of persons about what I do after work. They deduced that I live a boring life because I don't usually go out just for the sake of going out. Some of them just want out of their home given the opportunity. Some would immediately join an invitation for a drinking spree without any hesitation. But I am different, I must have some reason or a purpose on why I should go out. I usually prefer to stay at home and do my stuff. I would usually go out on any occasion if I was invited by my trusted group of friends. I'm not really the type of guy who enjoy night outs.

Oftentimes, I found myself defending what I am because it is not one of the norms of society especially on the persons in my age group. I have been labeled as boring, loner and even an elitist because I don't usually mingle with all types of groups.

I have to stop defending myself. Let them judge me on what they think I am. Sometimes, saying nothing is necessary.

1 Comment:

LZN said...

Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with staying in (or going out, for the matter). It's too bad they judged you just because you don't go out after work. For all we know, they must be the boring ones.

Just because you go to bars and clubs at night doesn't make you an interesting person.

As for me, I'd rather stay home and watch movies and eat and write. And when I do go out, it's usually quiet outings with my friends or the boyfriend, and using a restaurant's free wifi. :D

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online