Friday, September 11, 2009

A Week of Comedy

This week, I again indulge myself in watching videos of several stand-up comedy routines. They were videos of the following comedians:

  • Ricky Gervais - Live : Politics
  • Bill Connolly - Live in New York
  • Lewis Black - Red, White & Screwed and Back in Broadway
  • Rex Navarette - Hella Pinoy
  • Bob Saget - Comedy Central Roast
I liked the performance of Ricky Gervais in his routine. It was funny and i could understand most of his subjects even with his British accent. I had difficultly before understanding British shows before because of their twang. I am used to hearing the American accent. This is the first time I watched his stand-up performance and I liked it a lot. I also liked his performance in the movie Ghost Town, one of my fave movies.


As for Bill Connolly, I had trouble understanding his routine because of his Scottish accent. I can only undertand a few segments when he speaks slowly but when he's on a roll, I get lost.


Lewis Black is one of the comedians I can identify with. His routines are usually delivered as rants and I liked them. I can see myself in his routine because I usually rant my observations at home or in the office. I tend to express views that are not usually said in public. By the way, they are not crude or obscene, they're just observations about people and society in general.


Rex Navarette is a Filipino comedian who's routines usually talk about Filipino customs and Filipinos living abroad. I can get most of his jokes but in "Hella Pinoy", his routine is not so refined. Maybe, he's better seen live.


I first heard of Bob Saget as a comedian in the documentary "Aristocrats". He was described as a comedian's comedian who's routine is usually composed of foul ideas. But of this video that I got, he was being roasted by his peers and he only got to speak for a few minutes. I'm still searching for a copy of his videos.

4 Comments:

kenwooi said...

russel peters is one of the best i think.. =)

kenwooi.com

SJ said...

thanks for the highlights!

From me to you, suejean =)

謝明博馬陰人放購ˇ屁ㄉ人不董識貨ㄉ人精打細算ㄉ人霖宏百里緒恩駛溟含凾信攔醬油邱科信彰柏宏與簽纏t06單耳耽溺娟謝政道QKPb戲曲學院部大汐布袋戲model mode台北不婚獨子女 臺獨 said...

悉怛多缽怛囉阿們 窮盡相關消去無關 證據時效
hubpages.com/profile/Marye+Audet/map



----------------------------------------------------
眾生升墜總原理:「內分外分」與上升下墜
內分(貪愛分內),屬情故下墜
外分(渴仰分內),屬想故上升
臨終善惡相現
升墜之類別:
飛升之類─淨土、天道、鬼神(想多之眾生)
不升不墜─人道(情想參半之眾生)
下墜之類─三塗(情多想少之眾生)
結論別業中有同業

十因在各道之餘習
十習因 鬼道 畜生道 人道
貪習(貪物) 物怪(依草附木)   梟類(土梟) 頑類(愚呆)
媱習(貪色) 風魃(旱魃不雨)   咎徵(烏鴉...凶兆) 異類(妖怪)
誑習(貪惑) 畜昧(狐獸精靈)   狐類(狐狸......) 庸類(卑鄙)
瞋習(貪恨) 蠱毒(毒虫惡蟲)   毒類(虺蛇......) 狠類(剛暴)
怨習(貪憶) 疫癘(散行瘟疫)   蛔類(蟯蛔) 微類(賤僕)
慢習(貪傲) 氣餓(飢虛之鬼)   食類(虎狼......) 柔類(懦弱)
枉習(貪罔) 憂魘(厭人心胸)   服類(衣服二類) 勞類(勞苦)
見習(貪明) 魍魎(山精之鬼)   應類(燕鴻......) 文類(小才)
詐習(貪成) 役使(咒術役鬼) 休徵(鳳麟吉類) 明類(小聰)
訟習(貪黨) 傳送(遞傳吉凶)   循類(鴿犬......) 達類(小知世故)
   

----------------------------------------------------------------URLhttp://www.blogger.com/profile/10687885027990493634

蒜泥白肉Lynn said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online