Monday, March 23, 2009

Rough Day

It was one of those days where everything started fine and then... boom. One mistake after another and I'm right in the middle of it. I have nothing to do with it but I was involved due to the fact that I was the middle-man. All I could do is get mad because I can't do anything about it. I was not in-charge and I was made to help fix some of the problems under time pressure. Although the whole thing went out fine but when it was ill-prepared then every mistake is noticeable and under the watchful eye of everybody. I hate seeing things like that especially when a family member is involved. Some may call me arrogant of something to the that I don't mix work with family. You treat me as an employee to an organization when I am at work and not as a relative. But most people don't tend to see it that way, they both think that since you're family and then you should get involved in their work.

What I really don't like to do is being tasked to help one's family in the function of their job. It makes them look like they don't know what they're doing especially when I am tasked to coordinate with them. I know that they're doing the best that they can given the limited resources that they have but still other people tend to see it otherwise. They just see it as inefficiency of work if they don't do it like they say it should be done.

We live in a place where people doesn't differentiate work-related and family-related businesses. I think this is why there is so much corruption prevalent in our country because they break rules just to accommodate family members.

I live in a place where you will be blamed for not helping your family even when they are wrong. Where the truth is not important, where proper procedure is not followed just to accommodate their family.

When a family member is wrong, I will say that they are wrong. I won't defend them but I will stay by their side as family. But when they are wrongly accused of something then I have to tell them how to fight back.

I hate to be in that position because I would rather do what was required myself and be blamed for whatever that might happen rather that see a family member ridiculed for allegedly not doing their job. When push came to shove, I know where I will stand, family comes first. And I don't want it to come to that point because I am not afraid of any of my superiors even even if it costs me my job.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online