Friday, April 24, 2009

Finished with " Benjamin Button"

I have just finished watching the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". It was a wonderful movie. I now understand why it was nominated for a "Best Motion Picture" award at the recently concluded Oscar awards. The movie is told in a narrative by the protagonist Benjamin Button.

This is the type of movie that I like watching. It's thorough in telling the story just like some of my favorite movies, "Out of Africa" and "The English Patient". It's a movie full of inspirational messages that talks about life in general.

Some of readers of this blogger have inquired if what i think of this movie. I have to say that it is wonderfully made with great casts but not recommended for everyone. I say that it's not for everyone because it is quite a long movie with a sad undertone. This is not a feel-good movie even though it has many moral lessons" scattered throughout the movie. This movie is sort of a tragedy were both the protagonists die in the end but in a different way. One die of old age while the other one died the opposite way, just as he was before he was born. But for people who wanted to watch a movie with great storytelling, this one is a must-see.

Here are some wonderful lines from the movie:

  • Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss.
  • For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
  • You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.
  • It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online