Monday, April 6, 2009

It's A Holiday

Today, April 6, 2009 was declared by the President as a Holiday to commemorate the "Araw ng Kagitingan" which supposed to be on April 9 because April 9 was already part of Holy Week, conidered as a religious holiday in our country.

Today was supposed to be a holiday but why don't I feel that it is. Maybe because I had to work today or the fact that I did almost nothing today but sleep. I went out earlier and the streets still look like a typical monday scene. The road is still crowded with vehicles and there are still a lot of people in the streets. Usually, during holidays, it is not crowded because people either stay at home or went early to the beach.

Maybe, I don't like its a holiday because I have already have a pre-determined mindset that Monday is the start of a week of work. It could be that I didn't adapt quickly to this holiday. Sometimes, we act unconsciously because there is already a preset activity that my mind is accustomed to doing every Monday. My waking habits on weekdays and weekends could be an example of this. I could wake up early during weekdays while I have to awakened during weekends or else I can sleep the whole morning.

Whatever, the reason may be, I think I have to prepare my mind for the coming holy week to experience it better.

1 Comment:

tomato cafe said...

my, you're a workaholic. lol

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online